Sponsored Links

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Laura Howard : I just know Tim didn't want it to end up this way

Sponsored Links

Tim and Laura Howard (athletewives.com)
Laura Howard, US goaltender Tim Howard's wife, wasn't in South Africa cheering on her hubby in the World Cup (that's a long way to go with 2 little ones), so she caught all the action from Tennessee, where the family lives during the summer. And though she said she's "disappointed" the team lost today against Ghana, she's undoubtedly glad to have her husband back.


"I'm disappointed," she said (via AP). "I just know Tim didn't want it to end up this way. But I do know two little children that will be very excited to see him. He will be back Monday."
Laura even videotaped the scene at the Flying Saucer as the game went on in Cordova, Tennessee. "He'd be blown away to know that this was the type of reception they got," she said.

Even though the guys are coming home without a win, she said the experience has been great for the whole family.“It’s been great,” she said. “I have gotten calls from lots of friends that I haven’t heard from in a long time and we have a lot of family in the area. It’s been really amazing. I even heard Graceland was lit up in red, white, and blue.”

The Howard family lives in Tennessee for the summer, and thanks to World Cup fame, the soccer family might not be able to go unrecognized anymore. "Not anymore!,” Laura said. “I’m originally from here so that’s a big reason we chose to live here, but (Tim) loves to put on flip-flops and go to the gas station. But I don’t think he’s going to be able to do that anymore.”

Source:
http://www.zimbio.com/Laura+Howard/articles/tbDaKO3AJF_/Laura+Howard+Tim+Didn+t+End+Up+Way

No comments:

Post a Comment